Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Knit Away

What a great weekend! This weekend away with the girls was planned well over a year ago, and got postponed with our friends in Philly's house blew up... So, we put it on hold, and one year later, seven (7) of us headed down to the Eastern Shore of MD.

My back was bothering me most of the weekend - one of the ladies with us had a lot of experience with both knee and back pain, and noticed that I was "throwing" my hips and back when I walked - to keep from putting extra pressure on my right knee.

I'm going to see if my PCP will refer me to a chiropractor this week, and see if I can get myself aligned. I think I'm totally off right now.

But the weekend wasn't all about pain and suffering. We had a wonderful bonding time. I arranged for two visits to Fiber artists - Blue Heron Yarns and The Sanguine Gryphon both in Easton, MD. What a treat - and I think it worked out well for them too - since everyone purchased a few (or many more) skeins at each place.

We had a few "classes" - great learning experience. Sandy taught a few of us Tunisian Crochet - very cool - I think it would make a great runner or placemat. Will give it a try when I can find a long crochet hook. A couple of others spent quite some time working on the Knit One below scarf pattern - using some of the beautiful silk from Gryphon.

We all decided that we would do this again, but want to do it longer next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment