Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/2/09 - There is hope....

I had a really good night on Sunday evening. My back was not spasming, and I slept pretty well. I went to an all day meeting with an optimistic outlook - thinking maybe the lower back pain was receding. After about 15 minutes sitting in the conference room, I was almost in tears, and left the meeting to call my PCP to get a referral to a Chiro. Had to leave a message, so started checking it out on my own, and got a recommendation to see Dr. Gold. He answered himself, and after hearing my saga, told me to come right in - he'd work me in.

Sharon, his assistant, was pleasant, sympathetic (which I needed right then), and she did a procedure which included sonogram with little electric charges, and then followed by targeted electrical stimulation. She covered my back with warm blankets, and I layed like that for 10 minutes. Then Dr. Gold did two minor manipulations to my lower back, and amazingly, I had very little pain for the remainder of the day - even sitting in the same conference chair - and into the evening - the meeting included a dinner out.

Even sleeping last night proved to be relatively (my knees still bother me - who would have thunk it?) pain free - except perhaps for JD, who complained of my snoring....

I feel a little tension in my lower back right now, however, I've got another appointment with Dr. Gold later today, and hope that he'll make that go away.

My ultimate goal is to have no pain in my lower back when I enter the hospital - so that I can concentrate on making my recovery fast!

There is hope.....

No comments:

Post a Comment