Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm home!

Yesterday was a tough one - PT two times, and then again this morning. However, it was worth it. I progressed quite a bit from yesterday morning - my extension was 103 degrees - and they are hoping for 90 before you leave! Seems like I'm model student. I felt pretty good compared to some of the other people there who were really experiencing a lot of pain. I honestly believe it has a lot to do with my surgeon, and my On-Q pump which has provided local anesthesia to the knee. Thanks Dr. Casscells!!!!

I need to continue the exercises on my own ( with the help from my coach) this afternoon - and then the visiting PT person comes tomorrow to make sure I'm doing it correctly, and we have everything we need at the house.

We arrived home with a bunch of helping things - my own walker, commode, and several long things that help in a variety of ways - one helps to move your leg since it can't bend very much, one helps put on your pants, and one grabs things that are out of reach. but the best is my beer cooler - that we fill with ice, and beer, and then a nice wrap around my knee to keep it cold. Oh, actually we're not supposed to put beer in it, darn!

JD went out to get a few more items - a teak stool for the shower, another grabber handle for inside the shower.

UPS just arrived with a box of Blenheim apricots from JD's stepmom, boy are they great. They are not your ordinary dried apricots - but the best that California has to offer! Betty is having knee surgery on Feb 26th, so I'll be able to provide her some insight!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and words!

No comments:

Post a Comment