Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm so excited!

Don't know why, but the Pointer Sister's song is in my head.... I just got back from my second PT session, and took an extra long walk around the floor. I walked up and down the stairs twice, and got in and out of the "car"... Actually, it's more like an old fashioned jeep. I increased my range of motion by more about 15 degrees back, and about 5 degrees straighter. And to my surprise, I'm not begging for more pain medication yet! I got reprimanded for walking back to my bed by myself this morning - after I washed my hair and took my french bath - boy it feels good to get cleaned up and dressed!

The first day wasn't bad at all, some other folks are experiencing nausea, but I haven't at all. Thank goodness. My group at work sent me a beautiful flower and plant arrangement (which hopefully I won't kill later - my thumb isn't very green) - and I've now got a little helper from Nancy - for when JD needs a break.

I think the pain meds were having an effect on me yesterday, since I've knit and frogged my Moebius scarf FOUR times. I finally got it, and am now on my way to a beautiful, soft baby alpaca and cashmere scarf. I'll include a picture when it finally takes it's form.

That's it for now, we'll be off to our lunch in the Brandywine Room (no, not the one in the Hotel DuPont), but I'm sure the food will be good regardless. Thanks to everyone for your prayers, comments and emails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment