Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1/27/09 - Back Pain persists....

I spoke with Eileen in Dr Casscell's office yesterday about my back and hip pain, and she suggested that I stop doing the exercises that hurt my back - do some back relaxing stuff, and call her in three days if it still persists - so I can come in and get X-rayed for that too.

The pain dulled yesterday during the day, but as night progressed, it got worse. Sleeping is the worst - or actually the task of moving in bed from side to middle to side. It's almost time to take more Advil, so hopefully it will subside this morning, and go back to the dull ache....

I went to Book Club at ML's last night - it was great to see everyone - we were 11 strong - and discussed the Echo Maker by Richard Powers as well as many other interesting topics.

This afternoon I go to the Wilmington Hospital Center for Joint Replacement to meet with the Physical Therapist. This should be interesting - I plan to discuss my current back and hip issues, as well as what happens after surgery. I know I get home visits for several weeks, but really want to scope out NOW where I will be doing my post surgery Physical Therapy. From everything I've read and heard, this is the single most important thing (besides the actual surgeon and surgery) that will impact my recovery. I want to ensure that I've planned out the best, most competent, PT that will get me going and make me work!

I had a recommendation yesterday from a Co-Worker for a local PT practice, but unfortunately, it is not in the Aetna approved list - so is not covered. That will be my challenge - find someone good, and covered!

More on that after the visit and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment