Monday, February 16, 2009

2/16/09 - S Day.....and a little knitting

Well, I'm much calmer than I thought I would be.... I guess all of the upfront investigation and research has contributed to a better understanding of what is to come, so I'm sitting here, clean, legs shaved (don't want to embarrass myself in front of Dr. C and the rest of my surgery crew), hair washed (I don't think I'll be able to wash it the whole time in the hospital - Yikes - some of us need to wash it every day, Debbie!), and with about an hour and thirty minutes to spare before we have to be at the hospital.

I've decided to bring two knitting projects with me - my socks which have undergone a transformation (actually I had to start all over) - since Knitting weekend - I had made them way, way to large. Luckily one of the Knitting gurus with us, Janet pointed out my issue, and encouraged me to rip it all out and start over. I have to say, she was right, and now I'm almost at six inches of cuff, and will be ready to start the heel (again) later today if my mind lets me.

I'm also starting a Cat Bohrdi moebius scarf - it's a really cool diagonal mirrored arrow pattern - a little lace - and I'm going to work with a King George baby Alpaca, merino, cashmere yarn in guess what colors? Oh, you guessed - purple and teal? Yeah, OK, I'm predictable! I'll post a picture here when I've got it finished. There is a really cool UTube of Cat doing the Moebius Cast-on

No comments:

Post a Comment