Saturday, February 14, 2009

2/14/09 - Valentine's Day

JD bought flowers, and I bought chocolate - a match made in heaven! We're heading to Arden for their Valentine's Guild Hall dinner - and a Blues concert to follow. It's always interesting to have dinner (especially VD) with 100+ other people - since this is an organized neighborhood event. Not ours, but our wannabe neighborhood. Arden is an artsy communal area of North Wilmington, where you can buy the house, and the Arden community owns the land - and you lease it. It started back in the 1920's - kind of a bohemian area - each house is different and eclectic. Some are very cool - like our friend Finn's - which is adobe like.

I started taking Celebrex this morning at Dr. Casscells direction. This is to help with stiffness in preparation for the surgery. We also discussed an interesting pain reliever called the On-Q Pain Pump which is inserted during surgery, and provides local anethesia directly to the knee for up to five days after surgery. When I was teaching a jewelry class in early January, one of the attendees mentioned that her husband had knee surgery by Christopher Casscells, and he used the On-Q Pain Pump - and found that he needed very little of the narcotic pain medication - since the knee was feeling almost no pain. I was intrigued, and asked Dr. Casscells about it, and he was very willing to do it for me too.

I think I have everything I need for Monday, I've purchased some sweats that fall right below the knee - since I'm supposed to have shorts - I figure I can roll up one leg, and at least keep the other a little warmer. I'm ready, I think. Lots of books for my ipod, and a few knitting projects that are pretty simple and won't require too much thinking.... I'm working on some socks - almost ready to move to the heel and a sweater that is pure stockinette stitch. I've also got my book from the library that is for our Book Club - Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood. She is always an interesting read....

No comments:

Post a Comment