Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11/09 - The search for the Perfect PT place

I've been visiting Physical Therapy (PT) locations - figuring that since I'm mobile now, it would be a good time to do it. I will be doing PT at the Joint Replacement Center starting next Tuesday, and again on Wednesday and Thursday, then Visiting Nurses comes to my home three times a week for in home PT. This can go on for two - four weeks, then I'm on my own (well, JD will need to drive me at least for a while) going to a local PT place.

It's interesting how many locations and different setups there are. PT Plus (associated with Christiana Hosp) has two locations - one in the basement of PMRI on Rt 52 and one on Foulk Road. They couldn't be more different. The one on Rt 52 is small, has private rooms for therapy, limited "machines", and three therapists. This is two minutes from my office. The one on Foulk Rd has a full gym, a small "pool" or tub for water therapy, open tables for therapy and I believe more therapists - it's also much closer to my home. Then there is Pro PT in Branmar Plaza, which JD previewed for me (I'm checking it out this morning), which has a larger gym, 6 therapists, water therapy.

I'm also looking for a place I can continue to work out once the PT is over. And a place that may have a personal trainer to help me and guide me to a better and fitter place.

I'm looking at the whole experience as my chance to finally get my body in shape - with someone to help me... The Physical Therapist - from now til sometime in May or June, then a trainer after - if I need it then.... Maybe I'll have religion by then, who knows.....

No comments:

Post a Comment