Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 38 - and 15 days and counting

OK, so I got cocky.... I had a really restless sleep without the Darvocet - tossing and turning, and thinking about the dull ache in my knee, so on Tuesday and all the nights since, I've taken one before bed, along with a Benedryl (or Waldryl - Walgreen's generic). This has helped tremendously - in fact last night I slept until 6am, got up briefly and went back to bed til 8:30am! I also found one of my travel Temperpedic pillows and used it as a cushion between my legs when I sleep on my side. This worked really well too....

My left knee (the one that goes next) has been acting up - I guess the Supartz is not the solution, and it's now pretty swollen on both sides (water on the knee). I was beginning to think maybe I didn't need to do the left one - oh, well....

JD has the opportunity to go on a Geezer Golf trip the last week of April cause two guys dropped out, and we've been reviewing my Blog to see what my state was during the that time period for the first TKR. It's like Day 12 thru Day 19. We're talking it thru, thinking of all of the issues - like how do we get the ice upstairs at night - but I'll have two machines then, and it would only be getting the frozen bottles up (and down) each day. Food and drugs (getting them from the drugstore) can be done in advance... One issue is Out PT on the Friday, which I'd have to get to - and I don't know if I'd be able to drive yet. All of the other PT sessions should be at home - since Aetna covers 6 visits. So, it's possible that I could do it mostly on my own - with a little help from my friends....

We'll talk about it, and make a decision later...

No comments:

Post a Comment