Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 17 - I've graduated!

Yesterday, I saw Mary Beth, one of my home PT's, and she's signed off for me to begin Out PT. We've decided on PT Plus with a specific Physical Therapist - Michele Gould. JD did most of the research - to make sure that I get the best and most challenging PT available. Since I'm young (55) for this surgery, most of the people going thru PT are in their 70's or older. Their goals are mobility, getting around the house with less pain, etc. My goals are much bigger - Skiing, golf, biking, and of course getting around the house and my life with NO pain..... Our first choice was Elite PT - with Hash and Rudy, but unfortunately, Elite PT is out of Network for Aetna, and this could prove to be quite expensive over the long haul, which I'm going to need with two knees going thru TKR. So, we chose PT Plus - which is part of the Christiana Care Physical Therapy group. Michele comes very highly regarded - being one of the PT's for the Women's Olympic Soccer Team in Beijing! She also trained with Hash and Rudy when they were at PT Plus, so we think I'm in good hands! She may even think I'm a wimp compared to her Olympic athletes!

No comments:

Post a Comment