Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 23 - Check in with Dr Chris

Dr Casscells checked out my flexibility and my scar, and said I'm doing great! I've been to see Michele at PT Plus three times, and she's added some additional exercises to my twice daily regimen. When she measured my flexion yesterday - I was at 113 degrees - which is good. She's also been working on strengthening my left leg in preparation for my next surgery.

I was able to use the stationary bike at PT Plus - and make full revolutions with my new knee.... And my biggest achievement is that I can now go up the stairs, one foot at a time, rather than old knee up, new knee up, then on to the next step! It's slow going, but a step change, none the less! I can't do it going down yet, but maybe in the next week.....

I now can get around without my cane, JD says I'm walking quite naturally - and I've walked around our neighborhood (about 1/3 mile) earlier this week (using the cane).

I got a final shot of Supartz in the left knee, since it's started swelling and hurting again, so hopefully, this will give me some relief until the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment