Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 21 - Day by Day

I think your mind is an incredible thing - I realize that a mere 8 weeks ago, I was at the same stage for my Right knee, however, I don't remember the "bad" stuff. I keep thinking I was much further along in the healing/movement cycle, but it is not so.....

Michele tells me that this knee is much more flexible than the first - and that I'm really progressing well. However, my nights are restless, I am sleeping for more hours at a time, but am still struggling with the increased pain at night. One thing that is very different from the first knee, is that I am not sleeping as late - on the first one, I did my best and deepest sleeping from 7 to 9 or 10 each day. Now I'm waking up at 7, and laying in bed til 8, thinking should I take one more Darvocet? Deciding not to, and then getting up....

I went cold turkey off the Darvocet on Saturday, since I only had a few pills left, and knew I'd run out before I could get a refill. I decided to try Tylenol (well the Walgreen's generic) Arthritis formula, but I had a pretty rough day, I went along in the car with JD as he did errands, and by the end of the day, I was feeling nauseous, and a little car sick. My knees (yes both of them) were stiff, and swollen - and I spent the rest of the day and evening icing. I then tried the Tylenol PM formula, and it worked for about 4 hours, then restless...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see that you are still having trouble sleeping. Was hoping you were mostly pain free and getting sleep at this point. Just hang in there Jan. Once you get through this you will be better than ever, and the pain will be nothing more than a memory.

    ReplyDelete