Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 25 - Walking without a Cane (sometimes)

I've got to check back to see when I was able to stop using the cane, but I don't think it was this early. However, once I'm sitting for a while, I wish I had it!

I'm still icing quite a bit - and elevating - since the left knee is still swollen. I saw Dr. Chris on 5/7 - and he was pleased with my progress on both knees. Steve R measured me at 115 and -1 on Friday. I've started using the bike on level 1 and the NuStep on level 4 - 10 mins each. I really enjoyed the Aqua Therapy - 25 minutes of moving my legs and knees in 95 degree water!

I'm still sleeping erratically - maybe a total of 2 hrs at a time, then I flip and flop til I get comfortable again - and get another 2 hrs.... Went back to the Darvocet for night time - although I'm not sure how much good it actually does....

We leave for "vacation" next weekend - a 5 hr/4 hr two day drive to the OBX in NC. Not sure how this works with being on Medical leave, however, I'm sure the HR/Medical guys can help me with this one.... We're a little worried about the long drive, will be bringing the EBIce machine, and a converter for the car - and figure out a place I can stretch out and elevate my leg (the back seat?) during the icings. Sitting for a hr or so it just starts to ache...

More on that after our ride down next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment